Why Consider Dental Implants?
Tooth loss is a common occurrence. There are several different reasons why this might happen and they include injury, periodontal disease, and tooth decay among others. There are other treatment options available such as dentures and bridges, but the best way to deal with tooth loss is to get dental implants.
Benefits of Getting Dental Implants
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root. It is permanently fixed to the gum, providing a strong foundation on which the replacement tooth will then be placed. An implant matches the natural teeth perfectly. There are several benefits of having a dental implant put in as opposed to a bridge or a denture. Here are some for you to consider:
- Better appearance – Aesthetics are important and without a tooth, you will likely be self-conscious. Having a permanent implant in place looks and feels like you have one of your own natural teeth in place. You don’t have to worry about your tooth coming off, which can cause embarrassment. Moreover, you can smile with confidence because your implant looks just like your other teeth.
- Better speech – Ill-fitting dentures can slip out as you are speaking. This can cause you to slur, mumble, or mispronounce words, making it difficult to communicate. With a dental implant, you don’t have to worry about that, and you can be sure that your speech will be clear and communication will be easy.
- Better oral health – A dental implant is fixed to the gum and does not interfere in any way with the other teeth. This means that they do not need to be reduced or altered in any way to support the new tooth. As such, the health of the neighboring teeth remains intact and this improves your oral health in the long term. You will still be able to floss between your teeth and brush normally.
- Comfort –While dentures tend to be uncomfortable, a dental implant behaves just like your regular teeth and there is no discomfort with them at all.
- Convenience – If you have dentures, you must consider the care they need and this can become an inconvenience and even embarrassing depending on the situation. Dental implants do not have any need for special care, and they do not cause embarrassment. You just need to care for your teeth in the normal ways.
- Long-term solution – Dental implants are a long-term solution. They are durable and you can have your implant for many years. In fact, if you take good care of your teeth and your implant, you can have it last for the rest of your life.
- Comfort while eating – As mentioned earlier, an implant behaves just like your regular teeth so there is no discomfort brought on by function. You can eat comfortably without experiencing pain or any difficulty.
Generally, the success rate of dental implants is very high. You can have good dental implants done in Tijuana, Mexico by a top dentist at a fraction of the price you would do them in the USA with excellent results.