[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Whether or not to get dentures is a difficult decision for many people. That is why many of them take a while to make a decision even if they suffer from a lot of pain and other inconveniences. People who ultimately opt for this dental prosthesis at our clinic are generally very satisfied and relieved after the procedure. This is understandable because dentures have many advantages. However, it is also good to consider the few drawbacks of this prosthesis. In this post,we look at the main advantages and disadvantages of dentures. This information is important when choosing dentures.
The advantages of dentures
There are numerous benefits of getting dentures. These include:
- They restore dental aesthetics: Thanks to developments in dental technologies, modern dentures can hardly be distinguished from your natural teeth. Your smile will improve, as will your self-confidence. You never have to feel self-conscious of your teeth again.
- Dentures can be installed alongside your natural teeth: Our dentists can recommend partial dentures. This way you only replace only the teeth that are missing.
- There are many types of dentures available: For example, dentures on implants are an excellent alternative for people looking for a denture that is well secured in the mouth.
The drawbacks of dentures
Although there are a few disadvantages to getting dentures, they are far outweighed by their benefits. Drawbacks include:
- Their installation may require you to get a few teeth pulled: To get a full denture, your remaining natural teeth must be extracted.
- Speaking with dentures takes getting used to: Talking feels and sounds different in the beginning. This is usually because they will feel a little different from your natural dentition.
- Eating with dentures takes getting used to: Some people have some trouble eating with dentures. This can have various causes, which can usually be easily remedied.
Get expert advice today to make a well-informed choice
If you are considering getting dentures, it is good to weigh up all the pros and cons. Dentists at our clinic will discuss the procedure with you and inform you of your options to help you make the best decision. In addition, if you have ill-fitting dentures, we provide the highest quality solution for denture replacements that offer a comfortable fit and a natural look. Give us a call today to learn more.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]